Vacancy: Membership Coordinator
Thank you for your interest in this Membership Coordinator position. Please note that a job share arrangement would be considered for the right candidates.
Before you upload your CV, please read this opportunity in full, as rushing through that CV will not work for you or us…
This type of role, in this amazing region does not come along every day – and the same can be said for the person we need to fill it. You’ll be a rare individual with a significant blend of strengths and experience – and that’s because the role is anything but typical or highly predictable.
Reporting to the Membership Manager, you will be working with a large group of industry professionals. You’ll be the daily go-to person for over 600 tourism business members (don’t worry – they won’t all want you at the same time!)
In addition to being the person who ensures our members get ongoing and appropriate value from their Tourism Association membership, you’ll also have a high priority focus on utilising and managing our comprehensive databases, office systems and a range of IT platforms.
You’ll be someone who is fundamentally a relationship builder, and you’ll also be fanatically organised, proactive and have natural comfort and competence with modern digital platforms. See – we told you that our ideal person would be a rare find!
And if you’re the kind of person we’re looking for, we know that you want more than ‘just another job’
- You want a fun and energetic work environment where committed people work hard, pull their weight, and get along well with each other.
- You want robust and proven systems to work with, but also the opportunity to be flexible and innovative – after all, we are in the people business!
- You want structured and paid training (we’ll even send you on paid familiarisation tours!) along with advancement opportunities throughout what is Australia’s largest Local Tourism Association.
- You want to work in a place where you get a real say in how things can be done better or differently – and know that your ideas won’t get lost in someone’s in-tray.
- You want to be kept informed with well-structured platforms of communication that not only keep you in the loop, but give you a regular opportunity to table your ideas and consider those from others.
If you do like the sound of this and you’re excited about the prospect of joining us, please review the following criteria carefully before applying.
And we respectfully ask that if you are not absolutely certain that you meet all the criteria, please opt out of applying as we can only progress applicants who do meet them all
- Experience in a tourism coordination or tourism administration role
- Experience in project management with a customer focus
- Experience in customer service – your customers will be our 600+ member businesses who all have different needs and ways of operating
- You’ll have demonstrable experience using online databases and/or CRM software. Sorry but your ability as a ‘quick learner’ is not enough… we require considerable existing skills and knowledge
- You’ll be an outstanding communicator… confident, naturally empathetic and able to understand issues from different perspectives. You’ll be able to express yourself clearly both verbally and in writing, and you’ll have a level-headedness that conveys your capacity to deal rationally with any typical work dilemma or opportunity.
- Knowledge of the tourism industry and understanding of accommodation and tour operator business models and structures.
- Knowledge and experience in the BookEasy reservation system (desirable).
- Understanding of marketing principles, and ability to explain the benefits of the Association’s marketing activity to member businesses.
- We said it above but we’ll say it again (because we really mean it!) you must be IT confident, capable and already competent. We work with dozens of different systems and whilst we’ll provide excellent training in those systems, we cannot be starting from a low knowledge base.
- You will from time to time need to attend tourism events and be our consummate ambassador. Please know that these events can be at all sorts of hours on any day of the week.
- You’ll be able to show us that you have an absolute passion for and considerable knowledge of Your Margaret River Region. Again, we will provide abundant training, but a solid starting point is essential.
- You’ll have an innate capacity as a helpful, friendly and respectful liaison to our members at every moment of every shift! Our members are the only reason we exist and in this industry (and very much in this role) we cannot have a personality that suggests we’re having ‘a bad day’ – even if we’re having a bad day!
- Oh, and you’ll need a current WA licence and a reliable vehicle that is supported by safe and responsible driving habits.
- And last but most certainly not least – you will need to contribute to our great work environment and provide us with a healthy return on our considerable investment in you.
If after reading all that, you believe that you are our Membership Coordinator, then we want to hear from you!
Note – Only applicants with current legal right to work in Australia will be considered
Closing Date: 5th June 2019 (please apply early – strong candidates may be interviewed before closing date)
Please send through your resume and cover letter addressing the criteria in the Job Description above to Membership Manager Jasmin Rouw at firstname.lastname@example.org.