Keen to connect with us on social media? We’ve got a solid following on our Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts, and as an MRBTA member you receive priority consideration when we’re sourcing content to share via our channels. We’ve outlined below our recommended ways to alert us to your images and videos, and if we feel that the destination’s social media audience will love your content, we’ll re-post with a credit to your business.
- Our Instagram handle: @margaretriver
- Preferable: Incorporate our handle @margaretriver into your image/video captions eg. “Stunning sunset tonight, don’t you agree @margaretriver?” We get a notification on Instagram when you incorporate our handle into your post, which alerts us to your image.
- Our Facebook page name: The Margaret River Region
- Preferable: Post your image or video (on your business page, not your private profile), then send an email to [email protected] alerting us to the fact that you’ve just posted a great image on your Facebook page. Ideally, take a screenshot and paste it into the email, or paste the link (URL) to the image, so we can access it quickly and easily. If we feel that the audience will love your image/video, we’ll save it down and re-post it, with a credit to your page.
- Our Twitter handle: @margaretriver
- Preferable: Incorporate our handle @margaretriver into your tweet eg. “Stunning sunset tonight, don’t you agree @margaretriver?” We get a notification on Twitter when you incorporate our handle into your tweet, which alerts us to your tweet.
- Alternative: When tweeting an image or video, incorporate our hashtag #margaretriver into your tweet eg. “Stunning sunset tonight! #margaretriver”. As with Instagram, we regularly monitor the #margaretriver hashtag on Twitter, which isolates tweets related to the Margaret River Region.
- Email your image or video (if it’s high resolution/large file size, please use Dropbox instead) to [email protected]. If we like it, we’ll post it on our Facebook, Instagram or Twitter (or maybe all three!) with a credit to your page.