How to Leverage Your Event
We’ve created a handy guide to help you spread the word on your upcoming event.
Promotion via Your Own Business
- Add the event to your website and make it accessible from your homepage.
- Create a Facebook event and share with your followers. Set aside some budget to promote your event and target the right audience.
- Share your event by emailing your customer database.
MRBTA Member Support
- Add your event to margaretriver.com via our online portal.
All members of the MRBTA have access to adding event listings to our website. We are the region’s number one destination authority attracting over 1.3 million page views per year. Our events calendar is a top 10 landing page on margaretriver.com, leveraging your event to locals and visitors.
- Opportunity to be featured in our monthly What’s on Guide.
The guide receives over 2,000 hits per month, is promoted on our social channels and included in our monthly consumer email marketing with 30,000+ subscribers. For consideration, your event must be submitted and published on margaretriver.com no later than the 15th of each month to appear in the following month.
- Opportunity to be featured in the monthly membership newsletter distributed to industry partners.
- Opportunity to be featured in the monthly media newsletter distributed to MRBTA media contacts.
- Event posters and flyers can be promoted through our visitor centres in Busselton, Dunsborough & Margaret River.
- Printed handouts of the weekly what’s on guide promoted in visitors centres in Busselton, Dunsborough & Margaret River.
If your event is loaded on margaretriver.com, it will be included in the handout.
MRBTA Advertising Opportunities
- Seasonal Visitor Centre TV Screen Advert
Cost: $599 per quarter
Reach: 73,000 visitors per quarter
Showcase the experience you offer visitors who are in the region and looking for things to do via a 30 second teaser of video footage or an image slideshow via digital TV screens at the region’s visitor centres. You provide the video or image content and the MRBTA team takes care of the rest.
- Seasonal Display Advert on margaretriver.com
Cost: $299 per quarter
Get noticed with top of page display advertising as visitors navigate some of the most frequented pages of margaretriver.com – e.g. accommodation, activities, touring, events, dining options and town information.
Contact the Membership team to book in your spot. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Working with Media
- Prepare a media release. Tourism Australia has a great resource on how to write a media release.
- Distribute your media release to local media, the MRBTA and Australia’s South West and include compelling, high-res imagery (without watermarks) that media can use.
– Augusta-Margaret River Times | email@example.com
– Margaret River Mail | firstname.lastname@example.org
– Pelican Post (Augusta) | email@example.com
– Busselton Mail |firstname.lastname@example.org
– Busselton-Dunsborough Times | email@example.com
- Submit your event to be listed on Australia’s South West. Our regional tourism body.
- Register an account with Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) and list your event on westernaustralia.com and australia.com. The service is FREE for WA businesses.
Facebook groups are a great way to promote your event. You could look at targeting local community groups or special interest groups relevant to your event.
Some local community groups include:
- Augusta Community Noticeboard
- Busselton Community Noticeboard
- Cowaramup Community Noticeboard
- Margaret River Community Noticeboard
- Dunsborough Community Noticeboard
- South West Community Noticeboard
- The Margaret River Region Members Group
- Australia’s South West Members Group
- Margaret River Wine Association Member Forum (if wine related event)
- Approach local businesses and ask to put up your poster or flyers in their coffee shops or venue.
- Contact local accommodation providers – caravan parks, hotels, hostels. Email them your event or ask if you can put flyers out at reception.
Have any questions? Contact Caron Reynolds, Marketing Coordinator at MRBTA | firstname.lastname@example.org