INFORMATION FOR MARGARET RIVER REGION WINERIES
Thank you for your interest in being a part of the Margaret River “First Class In A Glass” promotion to be run in Singapore from 25 October 2016 to 15 February 2017.
First Class in a Glass is a unique promotion that connects Margaret River wines to Singapore consumers via restaurants, hotels and wine stores throughout Singapore and to travellers visiting the Margaret River Region.
So how can you get involved?
Step 1: Complete the Registration Form (click here)
There is quite a bit of information we would like from you, mostly so we can measure the success of the campaign but also to help us maximize the reach and impact of the promotion itself. We assure you this information will not be shared with other wineries or businesses outside of MRBTA & SWDC.
Step 2: Get your Singapore importer and partners involved
Their support is as important as yours to ensure the success of this promotion. To help, please simply send them an email to introduce the promotion to them and give them this link – http://corporate.margaretriver.com/firstclassinaglass – it should answer all their questions and includes a link for them to also register to be part of the campaign.
Step 3: Start planning how you can get the most out of this promotion for your winery. For example:
– Do you want to join us on 25Oct’16 for the campaign launch event to trade, media, travel industry and special invitees at the fabulous Smoke & Mirrors Restaurant, at the National Gallery in Singapore?
– Start discussing with your importer about events and functions you might like to be part of in Singapore during the promotion. If you or your importer have connections with a bar, hotel or restaurant, you might like to discuss with them about hosting a VIP tasting, or possibly a special dinner with matching wines. A program of events will also be released soon for your consideration to partner in.
– If you or one of your team are planning to visit Singapore during the period of the campaign, please let us know and we will link you with one of the promotion outlets and help arrange a special event while you are there.
Who can join this promotion?
- The opportunity to be involved is open to all wineries in the Margaret River Region.
- Wineries must already have a Singapore importer, or be looking for an importer. If you do not currently import into this market but you would like to, please let us know and we may be able to offer assistance.
- There is no participation fee to be part of the promotion, but wineries will be required to provide support including:
- A minimum of one case of wine that can be used as prize giveaways through the campaign
- Wine for participation in chosen events such as tastings, wine dinners etc
- Be willing to promote the campaign through all channels (social media, consumer databases etc)
- Additional promotional exposure will be provided to wineries offering product for the major prize, such as restaurant dining, wine packages etc.
- Additional promotional opportunities will be available throughout the campaign period but may
- A wine tasting, tour or dining experience to be included for the sommelier/trade visit.
- Wineries will also be required to encourage their importer and distributors to become involved and to support the campaign by such means as:
- Promotion of the campaign via in-venue advertising (to be provided as part of the campaign), via trade contacts, and through their direct consumer and trade databases.
- Conducting in-venue promotions in conjunction with the promotion organisers to increase the campaign awareness and attract customers (suggestions and details available on request).
- To actively and enthusiastically embrace the campaign and do all possible to increase sales of your wines and drive customers to enter the social media competition during the period of the promotion.
- Importers will be required to ensure adequate supplies of participating wines, and agreement to promote and encourage participation of Singapore distributors.
- As part of the participation requirements, wineries, importers and distributors will be expected to support the promotion with
- Online and Social Media participation
- Providing networking opportunities to expand the reach of the campaign and attracting other trade partners to become involved
- Creation of their own Margaret River First Class events throughout the period of the promotion.
The Margaret River Busselton Tourism Association and South West Development Commission will administer and manage the campaign, and we invite you to participate in this campaign and take advantage of the exposure and sales potential.
To register your interest, please click here.