30 Days 30 Ways
In order to support the wander voucher campaign led by Tourism WA, MRBTA decided to run a complementary campaign alongside this to encourage West Aussies to redeem their voucher within the Margaret River Region.
So what is it? We’ve called our campaign 30 Days 30 Ways and are sharing one image per day for 30 consecutive days via Instagram and Facebook, to promote tour operators in the region. Vouchers are redeemable until October 31st, so our campaign runs for the bulk of the period that consumers will be looking to spend these. Each post tags a number of operators allowing all our members in the tours space to have some form of exposure. You can see a list of the 30 Ways in this supporting blog ‘Your Ultimate Spring Bucket List’.
Where will you see the campaign?: You’ll be able to see the campaign on our Facebook and Instagram channels. We also have a dedicated landing page on margaretriver.com and are putting some paid spend towards digital advertising to promote the campaign. You can also see the campaign on TV screen advertising in each of our Visitors’ Centres.
Are we seeing results? Traffic to mr.com since the campaign launched shows a spike in interest. Number of users was up 26% compared to the same period last year, and page views up 29%.
Our Central Reservations team who handle telephone enquiries and web-chat through margaretriver.com reported the following feedback on September 30th.
- 182 vouchers have been redeemed with our operators so far.
- The total spend for those itineraries equates to approx. $50,500 of direct spend in region (so net of $32,300, when you remove voucher value) in 9 days
- Whale watching experiences have been in high demand and a significant number of vouchers have been redeemed with related businesses.
- Central Reservations have also noted a good mix of other experiences being booked as per the strategy, including food and wine tours, Busselton Jetty experiences, Cave passes, and nature tours.
- Most people booking now are travelling now but the team are seeing some people planning future travel if comparing the booking date with travel date
What you can do? We encourage you to share and comment on these posts to gain maximum exposure and use the hashtag #30days30ways
Hertz – Open the Door to More
The Hertz Corporation reached out for a partnership opportunity with MRBTA that we have taken part in. Hertz have developed a domestic tourism initiative, Open the Door to More, which will actively look to get people out on the roads to see Australia and discover the hidden gems it has to offer.
MRBTA have provided high resolution destination focused imagery and self-drive itineraries for their campaign which will inspire travel to the Margaret River Region. We look forward to seeing the results.