Tourism Australia recently launched the ‘Holiday Here This Year‘ campaign to support communities directly and indirectly affected by the recent bushfire crisis and have recommended 3 ways that tourism operators can get involved:
- Commit to the Holiday Here This Year message
Download the custom toolkit. It’s got everything you need to know about the campaign and how to integrate Holiday Here This Year into your marketing.
- Spread the word
Let everyone know you’re open for business by posting on social media with #HolidayHereThisYear.
- Show Australians your little bit of Australia
Join the Facebook event and engage with the posts by commenting and sharing photos and information about your business.
Tourism WA has further encouraged local operators to get involved by sharing some recent photos of must-visit destinations in their area, posting these photos to your social channels and tagging @westernaustralia, #ThisisWA and #holidayherethisyear. Tourism WA will then like and share your posts in return to help get the message out there.
Other post guidelines include:
• Use @westernaustralia
• Use #thisiswa and #holidayherethisyear
• It’s important the image and content is recent and “now”
• Show people, yourself, or customers in location
• Showcase the remarkable local experiences on offer
• Blue sky, blue water, vibrancy, natural wonders and authentic WA experiences are effective themes