Moving into 2020, we’ll continue to share monthly marketing highlights and digital insights to help keep you informed when planning your marketing activity. If you missed out November Monthly Snapshot you can check it out here. If you have any questions or would like to share your feedback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Margaret River Region coordinated an Instameet from December 3rd – 5th 2019. If you haven’t heard of one of these before, it might be because this was the first of its kind in the south west. A group of seven Instagram photographers, videographers, and journalists were invited to experience the region over two days, and encouraged to share their food, wine, and nature-based activities through Instagram. A host of experiences saw the group take part in sailing in Geographe Bay, to exploring the Blackwood River in Augusta.
The event resulted in Tourism Australia (@australia) and @perthisok sharing content from the gathering, as well as a boost of around 300 followers for MRBTA’s IG channel during that time.
The Instameet Stories shared via the MRBTA Instagram channel reached up to 3300 people each and had a total 66,200 impressions. Best of all, @margaretriver was mentioned in stories and posts from each of the seven guests.
MRBTA collected over 100 images from the event to be available for media use in our image asset library.
Thank you to the businesses who supported the famil and hosted the visiting photographers. Bina Maya Resort, WA Sailing Charters, Blackwood River Houseboats, Arimia Winery, Eagle Bay Brewery, Kuste Combi, Snake & Herring Wines, Flametree Wines, Goanna Gallery, The Art of Grazing, The Colourpatch, Blue Ocean Fish and Chips, and Tiller Dining.
You can look for content shared over the event by checking out the hashtag #margiesmoments which was trialled during the meet.
The Your Margaret River Region summer magazine has arrived in Margaret River and Busselton Visitor’s Centres and is available for pick up. Please follow the links here to order your copies.
Autumn story ideas have gone out to the writers. You can put forward ideas for content at any time by emailing email@example.com
The Wine Unearthed Podcast has so far had a listenership of over 3400 people. Australian listeners lead the stats, Perth followed by Melbourne, and then South East Asia (7%) followed by the USA (5%). For a medium that doesn’t have clicks and impressions tied into it, this reach measures a strongly engaged audience, actively listening. We encourage members to include the link to the podcast via their own websites. You can also pick up placards and promotional cards for the podcast at the Margaret River Visitor’s Centre.
- Great South x South West Feature in the December Virgin Magazine
- Article in Travel Weekly promoting Melbourne to Busselton-Margaret River flights
- Private Properties featured a Flinders Bay Augusta property in The Australian magazine
Public Holiday Updates
Marketing & The Central Reservations team worked hard over December to update members open over Christmas Day, Boxing Day, and New Years Day. This information was updated via Margaret River Region’s app, Visitor Centre touchscreens, and via a dedicated page on margaretriver.com
Analytics for the last month:
76K new users, up 2.8% from previous year
Engagement rate per post across Your Margaret River Region’s Instagram channel increased by 9.22% from the previous December period. Popular images included people experiencing the natural landscapes such as Meelup Reserve, Hamelin Bay, and the Boranup Forest. A photo taken by Dylan Dehaas at the Instameet, received 2000 likes on Instagram, and 57 comments.
Top Facebook posts also included people interacting within the natural environment. The stingray at Hamelin Bay had a reach of 28.7k
A few ideas to help you share these stories with your audience:
- Share via social media
- Add a link on your booking confirmations
- Include in your EDM’s
EDM’s – Sent to over 25,000 recipients
What’s Coming Up?
- MRBTA, ASW and Margaret River Wine Association have secured an invite-only native content opportunity on Qantas Travel Insider as part of the Wines of Western Australia International Wine Tourism Grant. More info This will form part of a larger campaign with Qantas launching in February
- The marketing team are busily working behind the scenes on a new look website which will launch early March
- As part of the International Wine Tourism Grant we are working in conjunction with Australia’s South West, The Margaret River Wine Association, and The South West Development Commission on an Expedia Campaign. Campaign dates are due to run between February 1st – May 31st. Targeting Singaporean travellers via Expedia’s Singapore points of sale, this campaign will be supported through an interactive trip discovery experience, a dedicated landing page, flight, accommodation and vacation packages bookings paths and display banners. Info on how to get involved is here