Please find below the results of February’s visitation and spend survey.
Response rates for February were limited, with only received 50 responses received in total. We encourage members to continue participating in the survey so that we can provide you with accurate information on visitor numbers and spend over time. This information has the potential to help your business with decision-making, and will help MRBTA to determine the focus of its visitor servicing and marketing efforts.
- Around 55% of respondents reported that visitation was the same or up in February 2019 as compared to the same month last year.
- For the 39% of businesses reporting an increase in visitation, 75% saw an increase of up to 10% and 25% were up by 10% or more.
- For the 45% that reported visitation was down, 61% were down by more than 10%.
- Around 68% of respondents reported spend was the same or up in February 2019 as compared to the same month last year.
- For the 42% of businesses reporting an increase in spend, just over half saw increases of up to 5%, and around one third saw increases of more than 10%.
- For the 32% of respondents who saw reduced spend, 56% were down by more than 10%.
Please look out for next month’s survey to help better track visitor trends and habits. For more information or any feedback, please contact us at: email@example.com