Transition Margaret River is holding a seminar series with a focus on water sustainability as part of their project ‘The Water Connection’.
The series aims to promote best practice water management in the region. Participants will “learn about the interconnections of water throughout the landscape, impacts of climate change, water allocation and water supplies, social and cultural values, water sensitive design and nature conservation”.
The first seminar is being held on Thursday, 21 March from 5PM – 7PM at the Margaret River Education Campus with the following presentations:
- Wongi Boodjara (Talking Country) by Zac Webb from the Undalup Association
- Landscape and Community by Dr Bruce Hamilton from Lower Blackwood Land Conservation District Committee
Future seminars will cover these topics:
- Water Sensitive Design and River Water Quality
- Securing Water Supplies for Our Future
- Sustaining Our Waterways: Ecosystems and Recreation
- Water Use in Your Home and Garden
The project is held in association with Giant Light Steps Environmental Stewardship Alliance, supported by Nature Conservation Margaret River Region, with grant funding from Shire of Augusta-Margaret River.