In January, we invited all MRBTA Members to participate in a monthly visitation and Spend Survey.
A big thank you to all members who participated in the first of our monthly surveys to help identify trends in visitor numbers and spend!
The purpose of this survey is to better gauge changes in visitor numbers and spend over time.
- Around 60% of respondents reported that visitation was the same or up in January 2019 as compared to the same month last year.
- For the 40% of businesses reporting an increase in visitation, a third were up by more than 6% and a third were up by more than 10%.
- For the 40% that reported visitation was down, half were down by more than 10%.
- Around 65% of respondents reported spend was the same or up in January 2019 as compared to the same month last year.
- Roughly half saw increases in spend of up to 5%, and half were up by more than 6%.
- For the 35% of respondents that saw reduced spend, half were down by more than 10%.
We will be conducting these surveys on a monthly basis to better track visitor trends and habits. For more information or any feedback, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org