Your Margaret River Region Whale Watching Season Social Media Kit
Whale season has officially commenced with the blessing of the fleet having occurred on the first weekend of June. The MRBTA is heavily promoting whale season and the opportunity to go whale watching in the Margaret River region this year, and members are invited to help build excitement and interest around this to encourage visitation over the winter period.
You can do this by:
- Creating your own Social Media posts about whale season
- Sharing MRBTA Whale Season social media posts
- Instructing visitors to read more about whale watching at www.margaretriver.com/activities/whale-watching
- Pointing visitors toward the local Visitor Centres to book whale watching tours.
The whale season in Margaret River is something to be proud of, and there are quite a few features of our whale watching season that make it a unique and exciting reason to visit. Key talking points for visitors interested in whale watching include:
- The Margaret River region hosts an estimated 35,000 whales each year.
- Our whale watching season runs from June to early December, making it one of the best opportunities to see whales in Australia.
- The whales migrate from colder Antarctic waters to mate, breed and nurse their calves in our warmer waters.
- Augusta is one of the only places in the world where you can see Southern Right Whales and Humpbacks interact. This happens early in the season in Flinders Bay.
- There are many Whale Watching Charters in the Margaret River region with well-equipped vessels and experienced teams to get visitors in the best position to see some whale action.
- Tours depart daily from June to November. In winter, tours depart from Augusta. In Spring, tours depart from Dunsborough.
- Whale Watching Charters can be booked via www.margaretriver.com/activities/whale-watching, at local Visitor Centres in Augusta, Margaret River, Dunsborough and Busselton or over the phone at +61 8 9780 5911.
Suggested Social Media Copy
Get out in the @margaretriver region whale-derness with humpbacks and southern rights this season – tours run daily from June to November. #margaretriver #yourmargaretriverregion #whalederness #searchingformrright
The @margaretriver region plays host to 35,000 whales annually – more than twice that of the east coast and for a much longer season. Between June and early December, you can witness the pure magic of southern right whales and humpbacks in the wild with one of the region’s many expert whale watching charters. Book online at margaretriver.com or head to your nearest Visitor Centre. #margaretriver #yourmargaretriverregion #whalederness #searchingformrright #whaletime #whalewatching #whaleseason
Please click below to download your full Social Media Kit, including images and copy, for the promotion of the 2018 Whale Watching Season.