This week our content management system (CMS) partner, BookEasy have released some development updates to their software that have come into immediate effect:
Bookeasy Product Availability Enhancements
Scheduled for the morning of Thursday, 3rd November 2016, this initial release has been staged and will see these changes applied to everything Accommodation first. Further enhancements will then be rolled out for bookable Tour and Ticket product consoles in future releases in 2017.
The enhanced availability screens will provide the following features:
- The default view will display each room with just the one row representing what is currently available.
- Accommodation operators can expand each room to display a detailed view in order to see manual close outs, bookings, linked availability and reserved availability as a result of the new shopping cart Booking Timer.
- Accommodation operators can now easily update single days and/or date ranges from the one screen.
- Accommodation operators can now easily update the availability for multiple rooms from the one screen.
- Accommodation operators can now filter the display in order to view and update one or multiple rooms.
- Updating availability has been streamlined and made easier so that operators can Set Availability To, Increase Availability By or Decrease Availability By a specific value.
- This upgrade also helps to support a new booking timer feature so Visitor Centre staff making bookings via the Bookeasy Staff Console will no longer face the scenario of their cart not being bookable at checkout. Once an item is in their cart, it’s a guaranteed booking whilst their session is active.
If you are using a Channel Manager Service to feed rates and availability to the Bookeasy channel, please continue to make updates as normal via your preferred Channel Manager.Availability Help Guides
ENHANCED GUEST ITINERARIES (TOURS + ACCOMMODATION)
Bookeasy have redesigned guest accommodation and tour booking itineraries from the ground up providing Tourism Destinations, operators and guests with a streamlined, professional look that’s easier on the eye.
What does this mean for operators?
Hopefully a cleaner email communication to you for accommodation & tour bookings as well as a more professional, exciting and user-friendly itinerary for the region’s guests.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Member hotline 9780 5959 if you have any queries or concerns about the content appearing on these communications.