The destination website team has been working behind the scenes to improve the design of the operator pages, and a new layout was rolled out earlier this week. Take a look at your operator page at www.margaretriver.com to see the difference.
What have the changes involved?
The emphasis of the changes has been on:
- Better display of operator images with a new grid format
- Amending the hierarchy of information on the page
- More prominent highlighting of special offers
There are still some improvements we would like to make to this layout to make it even more user-friendly and to encourage better conversion rates for our members. Watch this space for updates.
What do I need to do now?
- Check your images. The absolute ideal dimensions for your images are 1920 pixels wide x 1280 pixels high at a screen resolution of (72dpi). The image uploader does not support images at 300dpi (print resolution) so your images still need to be compressed for digital display. The 1920 x 1280 dimensions will future proof your images to make sure that they look good even on high definition TV screens and the latest smartphones. If you’re unable to source images of that size, the minimum requirements for your images to look good are 800 pixels wide and landscape orientation. If you have rooms or tours feature also, don’t forget to add an associated image for each room or tour type.
- Check your Business Details. When you’re logged into Bookeasy, find the “Setup” menu and click on “Business Details” to update the text that appears on your page. The text you enter in the “Point of difference” box will show up first, followed immediately by the text you enter in the “Business description” box.
Tip: When consumers are in the research phase of their travel planning, they flick between lots of pieces of information in a short space of time, so don’t waste time in selling your business and remember to include the most important information that sells your business first.
Tip: Remember that you know your customers best, so write with them in mind!
How do I see my changes?
Your updates to images and business descriptions will automatically synchronize from Bookeasy to margaretriver.com overnight as part of scheduled system updates. If you want to refresh and preview your changes straight away (the ideal option) we have introduced the option of manually refreshing your own page content via a ‘update from bookeasy’ link your will find at the bottom of your operator page on margaretriver.com:
Once you have clicked the ‘update from bookeasy’ option, allow several seconds for the content to sync, then simply refresh your internet browser.
Other helpful Bookeasy hints
Get more help with your Bookeasy pages with these helpful articles:
- Forgotten your Bookeasy username or password?
- How to apply specials to your accommodation inventory
- About Bookeasy’s advanced consoles for accommodation, tours and events
- A member guide to channel managers
What’s next for margaretriver.com?
Thank you to all members who have offered feedback on the website so far. We encourage you to keep sharing this so that we can continually improve the performance of the website.
Following feedback from our members and learnings from our website statistics, the web team’s top priorities for attention :
- Rolling out a display advertising platform for member businesses
- Reconfiguring the ‘Tours’ landing page so that different types of tours display more clearly
- Introducing filtered searches for operator listings on pages such as the wine page
- Making changes to the main website menu in order to better reflect the diversity of product available
- Transformation of event calendar for better user experience
- Redirecting geographebay.com to margaretriver.com